Welcome to Thinklogical Technology 100 Online Training. Technology 100 is the entry course into Thinklogical Education, and is a prerequisite to all online courses that are and will be available in the Technology Series.
Technology 100 lays down a solid foundation and background in KVM, AV, & Fiber prior our Hand-on class. As the technology world grows and evolves, it is beneficial to remain up to date with latest industry standards. Tech 100 provides a known knowledge degree for a smooth transition into other Technology Courses in our Series.
Signup today and take our Online Tech 100 today.
Tech 100 Overview:
- KVM Extension & Switching
- Digital Video
- DDC & EDID
Tech 100 Outline & Learning Objectives
KVM Extension & Switching
- Traditional Desktop KVM Switches
- Basic TL KVM Extension Solutions
- Learning & Understanding Benefits of a Fiber Based KVM Extension System
- Basic TL Terminology & Understanding TL Fiber Data Flow
- Recognize TL Matrix Switches & Understanding Multicasting
- Understanding Blocking vs Non-Blocking Switching
- Basic Overview of TL Partitioning
- Basic Overview of TL Restricted Switching
- Recognize and understand differences between DVI-I & DVI-D
- Understand HDMI 1.4a vs HDMI 2.0 & each’s limitations
- Become familiar with DP and its bandwidth
- Identify Single Link; Dual Link; 4K Resolutions & bandwidth requirements
- To Understand Cooper Cable Distance Limitations
- What is High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection; HDCP
- How HDCP effects KVM Extension
- Version 2.x of HDCP vs HDCP v1
DDC & EDID
- Defining Display Data Channel Communication
- Understanding Extended Display Identification Data
- Learning TL’s DDC Modes, covering differences & applications
- Direction of Edid data flow in a Switched environment.
- Identify Digital Audio Connector Types; RCA, TOSLINK, BNC, XLR, HDMI, DP
- Become familiar with Digital Audio Formats; S/PDIF, AES/EBU, Embedded HDMI & DP Audio
- Audio in a Extension environment.
- Understanding Embedded Audio thru HDMI, DisplayPort, and DVI
- Describe the differences between USB 2.0 & HID
- Understand the need to remove USB 2.0 at the User Level
- CAC Card & Token Readers
- Understanding Basic needs for isolated Video/Audio/KM
- Explain the differences between Multimode & Single mode Fiber
- Know the characteristics of OM1; OM2; OM3; OM4 Fiber & Distance Limitations
- Identify all Connector Types used by TL, LC, SC, ST, Neutrik
- Recognize Different Fiber Cable Types; Zip cord, Distribution, Loose Tube, Breakout
- Best practices; Cleaning, Connecting, Troubleshooting
"I really enjoyed the online training. It was relevant and at a level that was not too deep. Great prep course."
"I really enjoyed the online training. It was relevant and at a level that was not too deep. Great prep course."Read Less